There’s no limit to the number of hats you wear as an e-commerce brand owner.
Some tasks will be right in your wheelhouse; others will feel completely foreign.
In the case you can’t seem to hire someone internally or figure it out yourself, it often makes sense to hire a specialist to build and/or scale that function of the business.
And while the right agency can provide exponential returns, it’s not always obvious what partner is the right fit.
“Hiring the right agency can be difficult because you’re bringing on people who are strangers to you and your business,” says Perfy founder Vasa Martinez.
As with any relationship, setting realistic expectations and prioritizing communication is key. One huge red flag is agencies promising the moon simply to earn your business. The best agencies are not only highly competent, but highly ethical and understand that service is as much a part of the business as the actual deliverables.
Agencies will also recommend tools like Groupshop, the first attributable word-of-mouth sales engine to grow your e-commerce brand.
Let’s dive into a few of the best e-commerce marketing agencies:
- Structured Agency – Structured is a one-stop shop for paid acquisition, content creation as well as email and SMS.
- Shoelace – Specializing in paid media, Shoelace has a dedicated account manager for each client they work with.
- Oddit – Increasing your conversion rates is low-hanging fruit. Oddit provides in-depth analysis on every aspect of your DTC site to better convert customers.
- Spray Marketing – Spray “bridges the gap between strategy, product, and creative” to help you holistically and practically make strides in your business.
- Brand Caffeine – Founded by siblings, Brand prides itself as growth partners for DTC fashion, health and beauty brands.
- Motif Digital – Motif is your one-stop shop for paid media performance at scale.
- Splittesting – If you don’t see an increase in conversion rates, they give you a full refund. Aligned incentives ensure you have the same goals as your agency partner.
- Tetra – Tetra specializes in helping brands get the most out of their SMS and email channels.
- Kulin – A full-service DTC performance marketing agency geared towards improving your ROAS.
- Rocketeer Media – Email and SMS is one of the highest-ROI marketing activities for e-commerce brands and Rocketeer specializes in activating and improving those channels.
- Hello Earth – Mission-oriented brands have a true partner in Hello Earth, an agency that specializes in working with brands who have ‘purpose.’
- Sheridan Holland – UGC (User-Generated Content) is one of the best ways to showcase value in your ads and organic content. Sheridan specializes in making eye-popping content for brands.
- HG Performance Creative Design – HG creates “psychology-based ad creative,” to bolster your brand and improve ROI on paid media.
- Artifex Digital – Artifex considers digital advertising as a “craft,” aiming to design exceptional advertising creative and strategy.
- Storia – Storia’s team of 50 helps brands excel across strategy, branding and paid acquisition.
- Homestead – Homestead offers a full-suite of ways to grow your e-com brand ranging from paid search to conversion rate optimization and more.